Please keep the following guidelines in mind when putting together your costume.
- All costumes are to be appropriate for school and should not be offensive in design or intent.
- Costumes cannot mock or resemble another student, faculty member or religious preference.
- Costumes cannot feature inappropriate themes or characters or reference drugs/alcohol etc.
- Costumes cannot be sexually explicit in nature.
- Props including plastic swords, guns, wands, bows, arrows, etc. are not permitted. If brought to school, these items will be held in the office until a parent/guardian can pick them up.
- Masks, face paint, or any item that may impede vision or make it difficult to determine a student’s identity is not allowed.
- Makeup or hair coloring should be applied at home. These items are not permitted in school.
- Please avoid costumes that are overly scary, including any variance of a clown costume.
- Please note that our school dress code will still be enforced.
- Costumes cannot interfere with daily responsibilities, both in and out of the class. Costumes should be comfortable enough to wear for the entire duration of the school day.
If a student’s costume is found to be inappropriate, she/he will be asked to remove the costume.
If you have any questions regarding the appropriateness of a particular costume idea, please do not hesitate to speak with your Guidance Counselor or School Administration.