What is CYD?
Comprehensive Youth Development partners with NYC public high schools to prepare young adults, ages 14- 24, to secure a successful future for themselves and their families. Through this partnership, our students develop the capability to graduate from high school and make informed decisions on higher education and careers.
CYD has college and career offices located in HPHS full time. They work together as a team to help students for FREE!
9-5pm, closed 12-1pm
For more information about CYD go to https://comprehensiveyouthdevelopment.org/
College Services at HPHS (located in the library)
- 2 full time college advisors at HPHS located in the library
- One-on-one college guidance for all graduating students
- Assistance with college applications, financial aid, and scholarship information
- College workshops, summer seminars (rising seniors), classroom visits with essential info
- College fairs and awareness activities for all students grades 9-12 and their families, including campus visits
- Information on education alternatives to colleges
Alexandra Gerraputa College Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org x3002
Sarina Patel NYU CAC, email@example.com x3002
Career Services at HPHS (located in B10)
- Career services include resume, interview, and job search guidance
- Career Lunches, Mock Interview events, peer leadership, field trips to hospitals and corporate sites and more
- Individual and group meetings where students identify and explore career interests and related post-graduation education
- Career preparation will include internships, job shadowing opportunities and career mentoring
- Assistance with applying to non-traditional pathways to vocational schools, gap years, certificate programs, and more!
Gabrielle Lozano, Career Advisorgabriellelozano@cydnyc.org x6010
Ashley Falzone, Employment Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org 6013
For any inquiries about CYD services or volunteer opportunities, contact us at email@example.com