Monday, February 3 – This Way Ahead Paid Internship Program Information Session
- A representative from The Door will be here on Monday February 3 at 3:30pm in the Library to share all the great benefits of the program, including potential jobs at Old Navy. You must be 16 to enroll or turning 16 in the next 2 months to attend the information session. To apply you MUST attend this information session!
Tuesday, February 4th – Resume Workshop
- Are you applying to jobs but don't have a resume? Are you unsure of where to begin or what you should include on a resume? Attend the Resume Workshop to learn how you can list your skills and experiences and use it for applying to jobs.
- Come to the Media Lab during 5 Period. ***All grades are welcome***
Wednesday, February 5 -Healthcare Options Fair
- Are you interested in learning more about other career options available in the Medical Field? Did you know that nursing is not the only career option available? Attend the Health Career Options Fair to speak with reps from Laguardia Community College, BMCC, and the CDI Career Academy about other health careers such as Medical Assisting, EMT, Radiologic Technology, Medical Billing and Coding, and more! This fair will take place on Wednesday, February 5 at 3:30pm, in the Library. . Sign up in the Career Office in B10.
- **** All grades are welcome****
Thursday, February 6 – Lunch –n- Learn
- This Month’s Lunch –n- Learn will be presented by the NY Dept of Labor. They will be providing you with information about different types of working papers and how to get them, labor laws that apply to 14-17 year-olds, such as how many hours you can work per week, best practices for successful employment, and more!! Sign up in B10 and attend in the Media Lab. Pizza will be served. ****All grades are welcome****
**Off Site** Saturday, February 8 - Summer Program Fair
- The summer program fair allows students and families will learn about pre college programs, internship opportunities and other exciting summer programs! It will take place from 11am-2:30pm at the New York Public Library, Stephen A. Schwarzman Building 476 Fifth Avenue (42nd St and Fifth Ave). To attend, register here by January 31!! The fair will consist of:
- Career Readiness Workshops: 12 pm - 2 pm
- Summer Enrichment Program Fair: 11 am - 2:30 pm
In addition to Career Week, we will be having other events throughout the month, including a Nursing Panel
Thursday, February 13 -Nursing Panel / Presentation
- Are you interested in learning more about the Nursing or the Medical Field? There will be a Nursing Panel Discussion on Thursday, February 13 at 3:30pm, in the Music Room. Nurses will share their experiences, give advice on how to become a nurse and answer all your questions. Sign up in the Career Office in B10. Spots are limited!! **** All grades are welcome****
Questions? Unable to come to a session? Stop by B10 to learn about other opportunities stay tuned for an
SYEP info session and application workshop in early March.